3.06.2012

Sophie Lu, Day Two!

Another AMAZING day with our little peanut!

We ended yesterday with a little blog time. Sophie informed me that if I didn't get something up quick, the peeps would come for me. She was right.  She sat with me and helped me pick out pics and blog about our day. She has an eye for that sort of thing. Perhaps one day she will help Colleen design tees at Wild Olive. No pressure, little LuLuBug. But, we will save a spot for you.


Then we headed upstairs to crash!  Sweet little thing almost slept through the whole night. We woke up and had a snack together for a bit, just cause we could. And probably cause the lollipops weren't enough to hold her over.  But mostly just cause we could. The end.


                                                                  Those CHEEKS!
I am curious to see how the sleeping arrangement will play out once Caleb is thrown into the mix. Miss Sophie Lu takes up more than her fair share of the bed. She likes to move around a bit.  Given it was the first night, we let her go without her brace. But I am worried about little man getting bopped in the face by our little acrobat and her feet braces. Would it be wrong to arm him with a sleeping helmet? Hoping he is used to sleeping in a crib. Otherwise, things could get ugly round here at bedtime.


 

Today was CIVIL AFFAIRS day. So before we headed off, we had a little fun at breakfast.  Sophie Lu provided the entertainment once again. On the menu, "So Big" hands, "wave hello to everyone I meet". and "So stinkin' cute face."

As soon as the car pulled up and we got in, Sophie Lu broke out into her little sad sad cry. Pretty sure she thought we were taking her back. Bless her little heart.   I was able to get her to calm down and snuggle into me, charming her with my motherly ways... lollipops.



We found things to do while we waited for the official paperwork.  Like, lollipops.


And snuggling with Puppy Puppy.


We interupt this program with a public service announcement from Sophie Lu:  She would like you to know this is HER PUPPY. Not YOUR puppy. HER PUPPY. Just in case you were jonesin' for it. HER PUPPY. That is all... you may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.



And on March 6th, 2012, Sophie Lu officially became OURS!!  Happy Forever Family Day, Sophie Lu!
She was SO VERY excited that she slept through most of it. Cause she was excited. She is not passed out from Sugar coma if that's what you are thinking. As you can see, she was just very very excited.


How did we celebrate??  With a  "Smarties" party in the lobby with Puppy Puppy. We like to mix it up around here.

Oops, sorry. HER PUPPY PUPPY!




And also, a lot of time just looking really really cute.
 And showing a bit more of her personality by the minute.

 So is SO sweet! And funny. And smart. And spunky. And loving. And just so stinkin' cute.

 See....


told ya. Cute. 

And believe me, she knows it. 


And so does PUPPY PUPPY. Though, he really doesn't have a say in the matter.


And... pose. 

                                             
            She is a HAM. Don't believe me, check out the pics below of her entertaining us at lunch time.


"Stretchy mouth stick your tongue out" face. 

                                                          "Whatchutalkinboutwillis I can't pick my nose " face.


                                                  "Super Silly Squeezy cheeks " face.

Tomorrow is going to be a crazy busy day. We are off to the airport at 7:30 to fly to Nanjing. After we land we will head over to meet our little man.

                                               Tomorrow is Caleb's Hugging Day!!

                                                         So. Stinkin. Excited!

Until then, I will leave you with one last  picture..

 

                                                                 I AM CUTE. The End.


I am ONE BLESSED MAMA!

16 comments:

  1. Cute & sassy...I hope Mr. Caleb is ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It's fun to see all her expressions. I'm particularly fond of the "my puppy" face. In our house, it crumbles Daddy to his knees every time. Which makes me exasperated and tickled all at the same time :) And that last caption? Should read "I AM THE CUTE" - emphasis on THE :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Sophie Lu and Caleb want to come to Mississippi and meet their Auntie Tonya very, VERY SOON! I'm quite sure of it! ;)

    Girl, I'm just green with envy. I'm SO TICKLED to watch your family grow. You guys are AMAZING! I love to watch the beautiful picture of adoption happen! Such an awesome reminder of how WE were adopted into God's family. Taken in as orphans, and INSTANTLY heirs of the KING! Just gives me chills. I love you, Sweet Sister - praying too! :) Please give those babies kisses for me? And maybe a lollipop or two? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwwww, what a little cutie she is!!!!! I was cracking up at your post yesterday and today about the suckers. Hey, a mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do!! I don't think I realized Caleb was from Jiangsu Province. So was Mia. Soon you will Caleb and I seriously don't know how you will be able to handle all of the cuteness!! Big hugs to you and your littles!!!!

    xoxo,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. M says "she is beautiful and so CUTE and so little. I will play with her and help her to be a big girl even if she has to live with Amie." I almost had a nose-coffee experience. K and N are watching very closely. Trying to understand it all. S just want to have the upper hand for when she sees S at school.
    Have a great trip. Come on Caleb. Lets see what total craziness looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes....you can SEE the spunk in this girl!!!! She is totally precious and yes...you are blessed:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh AMIE!!!! THank you for posting these!! I'm in love! WHEN WHEN WHEN can we get together!??!!?!? Hurry up already!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Forever Family Day, Sophie Lu!!

    Omyword she is simply the cutest little girlie ever! Ever.

    So happy for you all and praying for your China adventure to continue to go so well!

    All the best,
    Nicole A., now in LA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who is running the lottery for first dibs at those cheeks. I want in line to buy a ticket!
    Can't wait to meet Miss Sophie in person. She looks like she is gaining confidence by the minute. What fun.
    Take care,
    Love to all,
    Grandma S.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwwww, Amie! She is adorable and one lucky girl to have such a sweet gal as yourself as her mommy. I hope I get to meet her some day as well as the rest of your crew.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amie you ARE one blessed mama, and I can't wait until your SECOND blessing is in your arms too! Your arms will be so incredibly FULL of fun (and maybe some lollipops x 1 million)
    Sophie is BEAUTIFUL! And her eyes ALREADY have that sparkle, what a huge answer to prayer!
    Praying for Kai, that he will be so receptive to your love and comfort, and that he will love lollipops BIG! :)
    Hugs and prayers!
    P.S. Lollipops have helped get us through many many many things. In fact, I keep a bag of 300 (yes you read that right) in my car at all times. (my boys' friends love to ride with us to soccer, wonder why?)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree... So Stinkin-Cute!!!!!! I hope you have great time in Nanjing..
    We loved our time there!!!!!!

    Soon there will be 4 in your traveling posse!!!! How many lollipops do you have left? :)

    Blessings,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our sweet Kevin is from Jiangsu. We enjoyed our time in Nanjing. They had fireworks everynight at bedtime....fun for all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol she is so adorable and will fit in beautifully at your nuthouse...wait a minute, I live in the nuthouse!!! I love her silly little faces!! I think mama Panda needs to send a supply of lollipops to your house!!!
    Xoxo
    Love you,
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sophie Lu has the cutest freckles ever!! She is just adorable! Can't wait to see your hugging day photos of Kai!

    Blessings ~ Shawn

    ReplyDelete