3.05.2012

Happy Sophie Lu Day!!

Sophie Lu Day!!!    
Sophie Lu started out the day very quiet and very timid. She didn't want anything to do with us. Her caregivers prepared us by saying that she does not like strangers, and she is very slow to warm to them. She was very attached to her foster mom and her little friends who were living there with her. 

Sophie had a rough morning. She woke early at 5:30 and said goodbye to her foster mom. :(  She then made a 2 1/2 hour car ride to the civil affairs building. 


She didn't do a lot of crying, but rather just sat there, very quietly observing. And trying to stay as far away from me as possible.  She was so tired, she actually fell asleep standing up a few moments after this picture was taken.   



There were a few tears, but eventually, I broke through. Maybe she knew I was her mama. Maybe she thought I was really really cool. Maybe my juvenile antics won her over.  Or maybe it was the lollipops. Three of them. Whatever. I'm not ashamed. You would do the same,



After the civil affairs building we headed off to the store to buy some diapers. Because someone didn't pack them. Who does that?  What? Lolipop #4?Uuuuuuuum..... Why are you even counting? Don't you have better things to do with your time? sheesh.


When we got back to the hotel, we decided to have a lolipop break.  Cause it had been a while. Then we decided to Skype the big kids and daddy at home.  Boy, was that a hit!


Checking out the gang.


Really really checking out the gang. She could not get enough of them. She threw out her best tricks. "SO BIG" hands. Hide the rubber ducky, where did it go???  Duckie on the head. Dancy Dancy. And bye bye wave. Oh.... and did I mention she threw in a few smiles in there ?

One word. Lolipops. 



And cookies. Whatever. We will start to eat healthy tomorrow. 


And after a busy busy afternoon, we headed up for a little snooze. Uuuuummm, is that not the sweetest?  

Again. Lolipops. You will thank me later. 

For a little girl who is said to want nothing to do with strangers, she seems to be making herself right at home.  Only one explanation. Prayer. You have covered her and we are feeling it. 

Thank you!

Off to love on our little LuLu. 
 We are SO in love. <3

21 comments:

  1. Wow - she's just adorable. And I love the lollipops. To this day, Li'l Empress STILL loves lollipops above all other candies. There's almost always one in her mind, one she's angling to earn. :)

    Hugs to you. I'm so happy for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRAISE GOD! So sweet! I bet you just want to kiss those rosy round cheeks constantly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One: I am adding lollipops to my list.
    Two: Yayyy!!! Love her!
    Three: Big hugs to you! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Amie, she is adorable
    And cute.
    And darling.
    And sweet.
    And precious!!!!

    The lollipop thing (?) ~ BINGO!!!! :)

    Congratulations on your new daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol...you are totally a large family mom!!! I would do the lollipops too...and cookie :) She is darling!! Enjoy!!!! yay!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful family. Keep those lollies coming, she deserves them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for your precious girl:) Lollipops rock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YIPPEEEEEEE! WE are loving this!! Hi Sophie! WE love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Amie,
    What a beautiful little girl you have. What a miracle. What a joy.
    I am so proud of you. You are doing a great job.
    Tears of joy have been running down my cheeks all morning. Maybe I need a lollipop.
    Say hi to your Mom.
    What an amazing miracle. Anointed and Appointed. That's right sister!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eeeeee! There she is, safe in her mama's arms!!
    Praise GOD, from whom ALL blessings flow... sounds like the day that has been much anticipated and much prayed for has been full of sweet blessings!
    LOVE that she is already having fun with her new family... God is SO GOOD!!
    And YAY for pictures of Sophie Lu AND her beautiful mama :)
    oxoxox,
    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is precious. And so blessed to have you as a mommy. I am praying for you here in PA. I just for the record...I am FIRMLY Team Lollipop. EVERY. SINGLE. PICTURE. (or so it felt like!) of Jillian in China has a Dum Dum lollipop stick coming out of her mouth. I did what I had to do and you are too. Once she gets a taste of the real sweet stuff...the love of her family...she won't need those silly lollies anymore!!

    Best wishes!!!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. DARLING! LOVING YOU AND SOPHIE LU!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh.my.gracious. She is beyond beautiful. you are gonnahave a hard time getting any thing done for wanting to kiss those cheeks of hers!!!! Emma brought lollipops to China with us for Isaiah and she's still his favorite...praying you through your journey...love you Sooooo much

    ReplyDelete
  14. Precious precious! What a doll baby. And who's counting lollipops :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! I have been checking, and checking, and checking! :) She is PRECIOUS!!!! And, it sounds like it was an awesome first lolli-pop filled day! Praise God for those.. They did the trick for Emme Jade too!!! Congratulations Mama!!!! Soon you will have a little man with you too!! I am wearing my shirt to BSF tomorrow!! Just for you and your awesome clan!

    I hope Tuesday in China is starting out great!!!

    Blessings from MN,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh praise the Lord!! She is just precious!!

    Side note - totally bribed mine with lollipops too. I lost count after 5. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seriously, Amie, she is beyond cute ~ way beyond! I'm so very happy for you and wishing you both a wonderful transition as you get better acquainted. What a precious, sweet girlie. And those cheeks are pretty amazing!

    All the best,
    Nicole A., now in LA

    ReplyDelete
  18. She is so adorable !!!!!! Keep those suckers coming!!! What a sweet little face.. Praying for a good night and day..

    ReplyDelete
  19. AMIE! I just put two and two together and realized who you were. I am so excited for you! We were one of LuLu's sponsors when she was at HOL! =) My girls wanted to go get her SO BADLY but we were just not in a position to be able go at that point. I am so so happy that YOU get to be her momma, even though I only know you through Wild Olive email. =) Congratulations, and post lots of pictures. We will watching LuLu become your Sophie Lu!!!
    DeeDee Barfield

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful!!!!!!!! She is gorgeous!!!!!
    So happy for you and your sweet baby girl!
    Safe travels girl!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awwww she looks sooooooo sweet! Lollipops is a great idea that I probably Would have never thought of!;) that is so great that she was such an entertainer for skyping the fam!

    ReplyDelete