3.09.2012

Kai's Adoption Day and Guangzhou here we come!!

Thursday Kai officially became a member of our big ol' gang, on paper! We wondered how he would do seeing Director Tang again, as he adored her so much. But he let her hold him, then ran right back into our arms. Smiling and Giggling.  

                                                Kai and Grandma are buddies. He thinks she is da bomb!!

















Kai being foot printed. I am not sure but I think I saw him leave a comment card for the Civil affairs building telling them he thought this process was a bit humiliating.

Sophie was on her best behavior and was SO very patient. And smiley. And cute. 



She found "things" to do to keep her occupied. 


                                                             Happy Forever Family Day, Kai!!



Hey Peeps, Did you hear that??  I have a FOREVER FAMILY!!!  Happy Forever Family day to ME!!
                                 Can I get a "WOOT WOOT" up in da house????


Sophie Lu was so excited, she had to call everyone she knew to share the good news. 





Kai wanted to celebrate by getting some "big boy food."  A "Smarties Party" wasn't gonna cut it for this guy!!  So he celebrated by having a BIG dinner at the hotel.  He also took the time to remind people that there is NO SMOKING in the restaurant.   He cares about his health.. and yours.  So DON'T smoke, peeps. Cause He is on a MISSION!!


After our BIG dinner Kai thought he would follow it up with a little snack. 'Cause we were celebrating and all. And 'cause it had been a while since he refueled.  And 'cause on Forever Family day, he learned that mom was a bit of a pushover.  Btw-those crackers he is eating... taste like meat. And smell like meat. 
 And he was really really sweet, and kept wanting to share them with me. And put them in my mouth.  And get his greasy meat crackery smelling fingers all over my face.  And then get really close and smile big, and laugh and breathe his meat crackery breath all over me. 

  
Good times. But not a memory I care to recreate any time soon.

The rest of our meat crackers were donated to the hotel. 
Bon Voyage. 

COOOOOOME baaaaaaaack meat craaaaackeeeeers. 
I shall miss you. 


The following day was travel to Guangzhou day! Which meant another flight. Kai's first flight. 

Did I mention to you that I don't care to fly?  Oh.... already covered that? cool. 

Before we left for China, I did a lot of praying to God for lots of things in regards to the trip, including  peace for me during the flights. Because you might not know this... but I DO NOT like to fly. 

 I was specifically nervous about Kai's first flight, given we were told that with his heart condition and the severity of it, his little heart could be stressed out by the flight.   So lots of prayers were sent up for his heart to be unphased during the plane ride.

In addition to peace in my heart for the flights, and for Kai to remain stable during the flights, I also asked for a little bonus for myself.   I shall explain.

When we traveled to bring home Grace in 2006 and then Hannah in 2007, we went with the same agency, and traveled with the same guide both times. Uncle Zhou. 

There is NO ONE like Uncle Zhou. He is so caring, and so wonderful with the kids, and takes such great care of the families he is traveling with. And he knows how to get things done. And when you are with him, you just KNOW everything will be okay.  He puts you at peace. 

Soooo, I asked God for Uncle Zhou. 

 Just knowing that he was around if we needed him would give me such peace.  It would put this anxious mama's heart at ease.  When I pray, I pray expectantly. He DOES care about the "little details."  So from the moment we landed in China, I have been watching out for Uncle Zhou. Expecting to see him turn the corner at any moment.  I saw a few people who looked like him every now and then, all of whom I almost bear tackled each time. Thank goodness I didn't. 

After we sit down at our gate for our flight to Guangzhou, I turn around, and who do I see but UNCLE  ZHOU!!!!!   Waiting to board our same flight to Guangzhou.   Of course he was there. Right where God knew I would need him the most. Because HE cares THAT much!

THIS Uncle Zhou... I did bear tackle.  

A scene was made. But I am cool with that. 



      Uncle Zhou brought me such peace. And a little hug from God reminding me that HE has got this     covered.
                                                     Oh how our Heavenly Father LOVES us!!


        Our little nuts did AWESOME on the flight. And as far as we know, Kai's heart handled the flight        just fine.  Answered prayers!  If you don't have friends who are prayer warriors, I suggest you seek some out. I don't mind sharing mine. They are good peeps, and they will welcome you with open arms. They have us covered, and we are feeling it.  Thank you, friends. Love you!


Sophie Lu hanging with her mama on the flight. See that arm in the background. Another answer to prayers. A very sweet Chinese man who spoke enough English to be able to help me out with Sophie when I needed to tell her to sit down. He also didn't mind getting sticky lollipop hands all over his jacket, or oohing and aaahing over and over again every time Sophie showed him her puppy puppy, or let him in on her pretend phone call. 

Thank you nice man.  Thank you Jesus. 



Kai doing a little light reading. Hanging with grandma making a list  of all the things he would like to order
from the in flight catalog. First on his list... A meat dehydrator.  I am not sure, but I think he has plans to try to make more meat crackers.  Remind me to hide the credit card.


Kai's face says it all. After a VERY long day, we are VERY happy to have landed safe and sound in Guangzhou and to be able to start the last leg of our trip in China. 

Tomorrow, Medical Appt for the Visa's and TB test shots.   

I need to go pack more lollipops. 

LOVE to you all!

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful thing to run into Zhou. Who da thunk. He must be amazed at what he started with your gang.
    Just amazed how comfortable the kids look. Like I said before, gainning confidence by the minute. Who knew that sugar could do such wonderful things!
    Hurry home. On the down side now.
    Can't wait to see all of you together.
    Love'
    Grandma s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only did I love seeing you in the Nanjing CA office making it a done deal... But, I absolutely LOVED they Uncle Zhou story! Seriously, God is so amazing!!! I love how He is so personal.. Seriously amazing!!!!

    Precious Ivy in AZ needs your Prayer Warriors! Waiting for a toddler donor pulmonary valve.. I don't know if you know Mary, (Waiting for Lexi) But, you would love her and her rock solid faith!!!!

    I can't believe you are in Guangzhou already!!! Praise God!

    ~Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana-

      Amen! God is SO beyond Amazing!!

      I am praying for little Ivy! Sweet little thing. :( Will spread the word to the prayer warriors. ON it!! Thanks for sharing.

      Hugs~
      Amie

      Delete
  3. Yippeeee!! Gettin' to Guangzhou is always a welcome relief... everything is so wonderfully familiar :) You and your babies are gonna have a blast there!!
    Just LOVE the way God showers us with His love - three cheers for Uncle Zhou!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh he is beautiful!!!!!!!!!
    Congrats girl and safe travels for you all :)
    I hate flying too so I am really laughing.
    You are on the home stretch now!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete