3.11.2012

Medical Day and Shopping Day

We started out the morning going for our Visa Medical. It was a NUTHOUSE. So many families. And a lot of non adoptive families, too.   So AWESOME to see so many little ones going home with forever families. 

God is good. 


Kai thought they could have streamlined the process a bit. Or at the very least offered some snackage. Some meat crackers perhaps?


Sophie decided to take matters into her own hands. She knew I had a secret Lolipop stash. 
Hand it over, mama. We are on to you. 
I mean please. And thank you. 


That perked little big guy up.
Me too, please. 


            If you are keeping count of our lollipop consumption, be a friend and keep it to your self, will ya?
                                   A secret, just between us.  No need to tell Dr. Schneider, DDS.
                                                                     Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
                                                                   I thank you in advance.
                                       



  Kai checking out the line to see if it is our turn next. I think he thought he was in line to win a big prize. Uuuuuum, not exactly Big Guy.


                                                         And not even close to your turn yet.


Finally, ALL DONE!  Everyone passed their medical.  Here is a picture of Kai after he figured out there would be NO prize.  He is giving me the "Dude. You couldn't have given me a heads up" look.
                                                                      Sorry, buddy.


   We ended our time at the medical center with this little funny. God does have a sense of humor.  Zoom in on the girl in the gray sweatshirt, and read what it says. I am taking this as we have been given the "all clear" in regards to unlimited lollipop consumption.   I read ya loud and clear. And I thank you.

 We headed back to the hotel for some down time. Sophie thought she would entertain us with more funny faces. In this photo she has chosen to go with her "puffy cheek, I just drank water and I'm going to pretend I am going to spit it out on you" face. We laugh every time. She has only spit out at us one time. We probably should stop laughing. I'm thinkin' we are pushing it.
(As I am typing this, Sophie came up to the computer to kiss her picture... then she did the face again. I laughed. Obviously, I need to work on my will power with her. But it's SO STINKIN' cute!!!)


 Sophie made a new friend here in Guangzhou, Pandy Bear. She would also like me to share with you that this is her Pandy Bear. Not yours. HERS.  I promised her I would tell you. So now you have been told.
She loves Pandy. 
The end. 

                                            

Sophie took some time to check her stocks on the world wide web. She was very intent, but smiling, so we can only assume she is pleased with her investments. 

 
We ended the night with a little fried rice in the room.SO long that this mama's heart has waited to see these two side by side.
                                                                My heart is smiling SO BIG!
                                                                          PRAISE GOD!!!


The next day we had plans after breakfast to head to a local mall to do some shopping. I think Sophie tried a few cute poses out on us before we left, to butter us up and charm us into buying her a few things later. Looking back on it, I am certain that's what was going on. 



 Kai wasn't sure what she was doing, but he knew she was getting a lot of attention, so he thought he would give it a go.


At the mall Sophie Lu found many many pieces of Jewelry she thought would be PEEEERFEEEECT for her.  Like this one. And that one. And those. And these. And that one. And this one.

What'chu mean, No? Do you not remember the poses back at the hotel. The pretty pink rose? The sweet little face? Nothing...?

                         Kai thinks Sophie is crazy funny. Doesn't that smile just melt your heart?

Let me take a different approach here. Hey, BABA!  Don't you think your sweet little princess Sophie Lu would look just Divine in some of these jewels??  Pretty Please?

What's that you say, Baba? You are whispering very softly so no one but me can hear? You want me to tell Mama to get anything my heart desires. I will tell her. Thank you, Baba. I love you. Goodbye. 
"Mama... Baba says we are good to go. Anything I want. You don't need to call him or text.We already spoke . Trust me." 


Listen Kai, we have GOT to stick together on this. If you don't out me on the fake BABA call, I will give you 15% of the lollipops that come my way. 
20%? 
You drive a hard bargain.
 Deal. 


Hmmm. Think she was on to me about the fake Baba call. Gonna have to get a bit more crafty. This lady is goooood. 
I know. 
Hey,  Mrs. H's class?  You think my big brother Matthew, and all of you could write an email to my mom, telling her just how beautiful I would look in all those jewels? And that you think I should have as many as I want. 
Because I don't have plans to make it back to China in the near future. So it only makes sense to load up now. Really. Don't you agree? I thought so. 

                                                   

ps. I will be your best friend. :)
Xie Xie. 
(That's thank you in Chinese, pronounced shey shey)



After the mall we came home and took a snack break.  Kai found a very "special" snack in my backpack that I had overlooked. Needless to say, he was thrilled. Me, not so much. I will give you a hint, rhymes with Neat Prackers. That is all I care to say about that. Thank you for understanding.


He wanted to give me a big HIGH FIVE. Somehow I got credit for the "find." 
If only he knew. 

                                                

After his snack, Kai thought it might be a good time for a little DVD action. 

      
Sophie didn't have time for DVD's as she had to make a few calls. Does anyone know if Baby Phone gets service in China? I am afraid she may have been on the phone with Amazon.com/china. 



You think I need to be concerned?

On that note, I think I need to hop off and see what they are up to. 
Dynamic Duo. 

Lots of hugs to you!


6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, your posts just CRACK me up!!!!!! You are too funny!!! And Kai and Sophie are too cute!!!!! I look forward to your posts every day!!!

    Big hugs from Ohio!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pair of cuties.
    You are going to have your hands full with those two I can tell already. What one doesn't think the other one will
    Can't wait. (I keep saying that, sorry!!)
    Take care,
    Hi Grandma, how are you holding up? Been there with only one, can't imagine two!
    Love, other Grandma S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol you make me laugh!!! You nut!!!! Love the pictures and all the cuteness!!!! They are adorable together!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! They are PRECIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome little twinados (as in twin tornados ~ wish I had made that up, but I didn't, but I'm sure you could use it!) They are so cute and very clearly settling in well with you! SO adorable! I hope you and your mom are having fun ~ seems like a pretty awesome trip all around!

    All the best,
    Nicole A., now in LA

    ReplyDelete